Sales Account Executive
- Full Time
- Mid Level
This is a remote position and we welcome applicants from across all of Canada.
We strive to make healthcare better for all by making it easier for digital health innovators to succeed.
WHO WE ARE
MedStack is on a mission to bring more innovators to healthcare. We are:
- an award-winning startup funded by prominent VCs
- a successful graduate of 500 Startups, the Creative Destruction Lab and Dreamit Health
- a TechCrunch Disrupt Top Pick for cybersecurity
- one of Canada's Top 20 early-stage technology companies by CIX
- named one of the Top startups disrupting healthcare in Canada by PwC and CB Insights
Our business is a subscription-based platform, but we are also an ecosystem, a community that champions startups and entrepreneurship. We embrace automation, collaboration, startup empowerment, and creative problem-solving. Our customers work with us and with each other to tackle the world's biggest problem: making healthcare more efficient, accessible, economical and effective, at a time when the world needs it more than ever before.
WHO YOU ARE
As the digital health ecosystem and attention towards data security and privacy are exploding, as is the move towards driven individuals starting technology startups at its fastest pace ever, we are looking to capitalize on this incredible opportunity with an addition of a Sales Account Executive to our team.
The skills you bring:
- Top-notch communication skills (verbal and written)
- Self-starter mentality, with an ability to work with minimal supervision
- Natural sales orientation with a history of thriving in a startup environment and exceeding sales targets
- The ability and desire to sell an entirely new product and adapt and learn in the midst of a sales cycle
- Genuine interest in helping others
- As a people-person who loves the startup journey, and is willing to roll up their sleeves and deeply engage customer stakeholders
The background you have:
- 3+ years of software sales experience
- Strong technical background in the software development lifecycle and cloud native computing
- Experience and ambition in inside sales with relatively short sales cycles working with early-to-mid-stage startup founders
- Work ethic tuned to a remote-first company environment
- Strong preference for those with personal technology entrepreneurship / founder experience
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
You, as a successful Sales Account Executive, will:
Master the MedStack Control product and be an advocate for our platform, learning and communicating its compelling value proposition
- Be the first point of customer contact for potential MedStack customers:
- Schedule and conduct discovery calls with prospects:
- Conduct MedStack Control product demos, lead technical discussions and spearhead pricing negotiations
- Report on active deals, expected close dates and new revenue projections
- Meet or exceed quarterly revenue targets
- Maintain a robust sales pipeline with very high CRM compliance
- Provide feedback to marketing and product management
- Influence the product roadmap based on users’ needs with the goal of providing the best possible customer experience
- Be open to a limited amount of travel in a safe, post-pandemic environment
MORE ABOUT US:
The problem we solve:
The healthcare industry (hospitals, insurance companies, public health, clinic networks, pharma providers and distributors, and patients themselves) is beholden to strict requirements for data privacy and security requirements that it then applies to its digital health vendors. These complex requirements slow the development and adoption of important solutions.
At MedStack, we provide a new way for digital health to be built, implemented and scaled, faster, more efficiently and with data privacy protection at the centre. Have a look at how we think about the problem we are going after.
The solution we deliver:
Our core offering is MedStack Control, a turnkey compliance solution designed to help healthcare innovators integrate out-of-the-box, proven privacy and security compliance guarantees in the way the industry requires them, thanks to pre-designed cloud security, policies and attestations. Because of our platform approach, every one of our customers helps make our offering stronger for every other.
How we go about it:
MedStack is primarily an inside sales organization with relatively short sales cycles working with:
- early-to-mid-stage startup founders building digital health products
- companies that are often pre-launch, under 50 employees, and have usually raised a small amount of money from investors.
- founders (typically CEOs or CTOs)
- and end users of the product, those who compose the software development teams
DAY-TO-DAY AT MEDSTACK:
At MedStack, we:
- are a remote-first company, with supporting tools and processes
- are not hierarchical
- empower our team members with distinct responsibilities and self-direction
- have high standards for professionalism
- are mission-driven, by the importance of our work in servicing the social benefit that results from our customers’ successes
- drive a culture of facts-first and entrepreneurship vs the status quo
- have stringent and bold objectives on diversity and inclusion
- meet virtually as a team weekly for a rousing celebration of wins and learning
- gather in quarterly Town Halls for alignment on objectives and vision
and our important work is supplemented by:
- flexible work hours
- a generous vacation policy
- health and dental benefits, from day 1
- parental leave benefits with bonus top-up
- a company stock ownership option plan, vesting from day 1
- bi-weekly paid-for team lunches
- company retreats and seasonal celebrations
- learning, skills training and industry conference opportunities
- a company-funded book budget
- company-supplied top-end Mac laptop
- a home office equipment budget
- contribution through the company’s ongoing success to philanthropy such as Upside Foundation
If you have 70% of the qualifications we are looking for, share our way of thinking and want to play an integral role in transforming how healthcare innovation works, apply to express your interest.
MedStack welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.