Customer Success Manager
- Full Time
- Customer Success
- Mid Level
This is a remote position and we welcome applicants from across all of Canada.
We strive to make healthcare better for all by making it easier for digital health innovators to succeed.
WHO WE ARE
MedStack is on a mission to bring more innovators to healthcare. We are:
- an award-winning startup funded by prominent VCs
- a successful graduate of 500 Startups, the Creative Destruction Lab and Dreamit Health
- a TechCrunch Disrupt Top Pick for cybersecurity
- one of Canada's Top 20 early-stage technology companies by CIX
- named one of the Top startups disrupting healthcare in Canada by PwC and CB Insights
Our business is a subscription-based platform, but we are also an ecosystem, a community that champions startups and entrepreneurship. We embrace automation, collaboration, startup empowerment, and creative problem-solving. Our customers work with us and with each other to tackle the world's biggest problem: making healthcare more efficient, accessible, economical and effective, at a time when the world needs it more than ever before.
WHO YOU ARE
As our platform welcomes more customers introducing more innovations in digital healthcare, we are seeking to add to our team an outgoing, business-minded, startup-enthusiast Customer Success Manager.
The skills you bring:
- You’re a creative problem solver that has a consistent track record in taking initiative in fast-growing environments.
- You are a continuous learner and not afraid of challenges. If you don’t know something, you’re excited about learning more and figuring out a solution.
- You have top-shelf, strong interpersonal and communication skills and high emotional intelligence
- You’re able to respond calmly and professionally to potential issues and adapt to changing situations
- Familiarity with the commercialization and buying landscape for digital health technology is an asset
The background you have:
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in customer-facing customer success, account management or sales roles. SaaS experience is preferred.
- Experience with managing onboardings and partnering with different stakeholders.
- You bring with you success stories in B2SMB loyalty and retention.
- You’re passionate about the role technology entrepreneurship can play in making healthcare better, faster, more efficient and more accessible.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
You, as a successful Customer Success Manager, will:
- Work closely with our customers to ensure they have a successful onboarding and positive experience with their implementation so they get the utmost value from MedStack as quickly as possible.
- Schedule and run regular proactive Program Reviews with key accounts in your portfolio of digital health companies.
- Build relationships with our customers in the digital healthcare space, learning about and empathizing with how their teams work, what their compliance, security and DevOps challenges are.
- Work closely with support and product teams to effectively solve customer technical issues and proactively look for future in-product solutions.
- Strategize and execute on ways to improve the customer experience, for example through proactive education, improved processes or new features.
- You will measure, report and analyze the health of your customers and work to improve product usage and customer satisfaction.
MORE ABOUT US:
The problem we solve:
The healthcare industry (hospitals, insurance companies, public health, clinic networks, pharma providers and distributors, and patients themselves) is beholden to strict requirements for data privacy and security requirements that it then applies to its digital health vendors. These complex requirements slow the development and adoption of important solutions.
At MedStack, we provide a new way for digital health to be built, implemented and scaled, faster, more efficiently and with data privacy protection at the centre. Have a look at how we think about the problem we are going after.
The solution we deliver:
Our core offering is MedStack Control, a turnkey compliance solution designed to help healthcare innovators integrate out-of-the-box, proven privacy and security compliance guarantees in the way the industry requires them, thanks to pre-designed cloud security, policies and attestations. Because of our platform approach, every one of our customers helps make our offering stronger for every other.
How we go about it:
MedStack’s customers are independent companies selling digital health solutions:
- that run in the cloud
- in spaces such as telemedicine, chronic condition management, care discovery, concierge and continuity, community health and medical research, and the like
- often as early-stage startups and may or may not have their own internal Engineering team, rather outsourcing software engineering to a service provider
- utilizing our solution as a subscription SaaS with no monetized service component
- looking to us to support their success not only via our platform, but also in leveraging our insights and network as guidance across the digital health journey
DAY-TO-DAY AT MEDSTACK:
At MedStack, we:
- are a remote-first company, with supporting tools and processes
- are not hierarchical
- empower our team members with distinct responsibilities and self-direction
- have high standards for professionalism
- are mission-driven, by the importance of our work in servicing the social benefit that results from our customers’ successes
- drive a culture of facts-first and entrepreneurship vs the status quo
- have stringent and bold objectives on diversity and inclusion
- meet virtually as a team weekly for a rousing celebration of wins and learning
- gather in quarterly Town Halls for alignment on objectives and vision
and our important work is supplemented by:
- flexible work hours
- a generous vacation policy
- health and dental benefits, from day 1
- parental leave benefits with bonus top-up
- a company stock ownership option plan, vesting from day 1
- bi-weekly paid-for team lunches
- company retreats and seasonal celebrations
- learning, skills training and industry conference opportunities
- a company-funded book budget
- company-supplied top-end Mac laptop
- a home office equipment budget
- contribution through the company’s ongoing success to philanthropy such as Upside Foundation
If you have 70% of the qualifications we are looking for, share our way of thinking and want to play an integral role in transforming how healthcare innovation works, apply to express your interest.
MedStack welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.